We will be broadcasting LIVE from Senshin Buddhist Temple in Los Angeles! Come join us online to watch feature taiko segments, performances, spontaneous taiko playing, and snapshots from the community.
This year’s theme is “Taiko-ppreciation” and we need your help! We want to know about all the different things and people you are thankful for. Taiko has shaped many of our lives, in small and big ways, and we want to know about them. Please share your appreciation towards taiko by submitting a video and we will broadcast them during Taikothon!
- Shout-out to someone in the community that you appreciate!
- Share your appreciation towards a taiko teacher and how they have impacted you!
- Show-and-tell a story about what taiko has brought into your life (ex. old hachimaki, broken bachi, costume)!
- Draw a picture or create a visual artwork about how you are thankful!
- Share something you unexpectedly experienced because of taiko (ex. If it wasn’t for taiko, __(I wouldn’t have researched about powder coated tacks)__)!
- Look back on the history of taiko, or your own personal history!
- Talk about future opportunities you are looking forward to!
- Tell us how taiko has changed and shaped your life!
Your video can be short and sweet or up to 5 minutes. You can film yourself or get together with your friends!
You may also contribute by sending in a group performance video to air during the show. It can be a professional gig, practice, or even a set in progress! Please send us a video of your group playing up to 10 minutes!
Please submit your short “Taiko-ppreciation” segments by Wednesday, November 11th or a longer performance video by Wednesday, November 18th by following the link.