Taiko Community Alliance’s annual application process for the Board of Directors is opening May 15, 2022!
Are you a passionate taiko practitioner? Do you strive to be a leader and change-maker in your community? Do you have ideas and a vision to shape the future of the taiko community?
If so, Apply Now!
Deadline to apply for the 2022 cohort is July 10, 2022 at 11:59PM Pacific Time.
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESSIBILITY, INCLUSION (DEAI) – passion for expanding equity & accessibility
- NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT – familiarity with and/or willingness to learn nonprofit governance, policy & procedures
- FUNDRAISING – commitment to support and promote TCA’s fundraising including annual campaigns, donor cultivation, grant writing
- FINANCE – understanding of organizational finances, budgets, accounting
- HUMAN RESOURCES – familiarity with and/or willingness to learn about nonprofit compliance, hiring and onboarding, volunteer management
- COMMUNICATIONS – support best practices in media and communications strategies
- LEGAL – familiarity with U.S. 501(c)3 laws, particularly California nonprofit law
- Marketing/Public Relations – branding, promotion of TCA activities
- Technology – familiarity with website development/maintenance, basic programming
- Participation at taiko gatherings, such as the North American Taiko Conference (NATC), Intercollegiate Taiko Invitationals (ITI), and other regional gatherings, physical and virtual
- Regional representation of the taiko community
- May 15: Application period opens.
- July 10: Application period closes at 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- July-August: Governance Committee’s vetting panel reviews applications and conducts interviews.
- September: TCA Board reviews and approves recommended candidates, Governance Committee conducts final reference checks.
- October: Candidates notified of their application results.
- November: New board members invited to attend the Annual Meeting and be formally elected to the TCA Board.