You asked, we’ve answered! Here’s what you wanted to know about our (3) new staff positions. Remember, applications are due Sunday, March 15. If you have any additional questions, please email derek@taikocommunityalliance as soon as possible.
Still deciding on which role might be best for you?
- Can I apply for more than one position?
Yes, you are more than welcome to apply for one or multiple positions.
- What are some of the important qualities TCA is looking for in potential applicants?
We encourage anyone with applicable skillsets that can fulfill the duties and demands of the position to apply.
- What kind of references should I include – taiko, professional, or both?
A mix of both is encouraged!
- I do not have non-profit experience specifically, but I have utilized applicable skills in other sectors. Do I meet the minimum qualifications?
We’re looking for individuals who are self-motivated while working well together in a team. Each position demands a high level of communication and collaboration, whether it is among fellow staff members, working committees, volunteers, or related to engagement with the community stakeholders and the program beneficiaries whom we’re serving.
- What kinds of programming will the Program Manager oversee?
At this stage, the Program Manager will be primarily responsible for leading working committees and volunteers to strengthen and amplify TCA’s existing programs, which include (but may not be limited to) the North American Taiko Conference, Vision 2020, the TCA Grant Program, Taikothon, Taiko Census, Taiko Voices, the Collegiate Taiko Advisory Group, and the TCA Community Calendar.
- How much travel is involved in these positions?
Once or twice a year, there may be the need to travel to San Jose, CA for in-person coordination of various financial and administrative responsibilities. Additional travel may be required as programming develops and to the extent that funding permits.