(Makes about 24 cookies, or 12 cookie sandwiches)
INGREDIENTS (for cookies)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 7 oz Semisweet chocolate (chocolate chips OK)
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
For the Peanut Butter Whipped Cream filling:
- about 1c. heavy whipping cream
- about 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- about 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- Melt together chocolate and butter. Let cool.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk this together really, really well.
- Add the cooled chocolate mixture
- Then, add flour and baking powder
- Whisk until uniform. Put in fridge until cold, at least a few hours
Preheat oven to 375. Line two cookie sheets with parchment or foil.Using a 1″ ice cream scoop, plop batter onto cookie sheets. It will spread as it bakes, so leave room between the plops. If you don’t have a 1″ ice cream scoop, you can form the batter into balls about 1″ in diameter. Bake until the center of the cookies are barely dry to the touch (the cookies will still be squishy). Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool completely before you remove them from the parchment/foil.
Whip together the whipping cream, creamy peanut butter, and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Put some peanut butter whipped cream between two cookies and enjoy. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
RECIPE COURTESY OF MEG SUZUKI HUDSON, San Jose Taiko (San Jose, CA)