TCA T-Shirt Design Contest 2020
Get your very own TCA Tee by visiting our new online store.
Congratulations to our Contest Winner!
The winning design, as chosen by votes from TCA’s 2021 members, is a collaborative project created by the following participants:
Mirabella Angel-Hernandez – model and photographer
Ed Angel-Hernandez – model
Dana Wisehart – model
Michelle Mosser – for use of the Brand Nature Media Lounge
Jon Whitsell – model and photographer
Sharon Sato-Dow – model, art director, graphic artist
Thank you all for sharing your art with the taiko community; we’re so excited to be able to feature our community members on the first-ever TCA Tee!
Introducing the First-Ever TCA T-Shirt Design Contest!
Can you believe the Taiko Community Alliance (TCA) has gone 7 years without getting our own t-shirt? Well, it’s time for that to change, and we want you to decide what goes onto a TCA Tee.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate! Design entries are open to everyone, no matter where you are in the world. You do not need to be a TCA member to submit a design and enter the contest, and entry is free!
How do I enter?
- Use the design guidelines (below) to create a design that you think represents TCA and our connection to the taiko community.
- Email your design by December 31 to Program Manager Kristina McGaha at: email@example.com
- Submissions will be reviewed by the TCA Tee Committee and, once approved, will be posted in the Submissions Gallery below.
How will the winning design be chosen?
The winning design will be chosen by a vote! Voting on the final designs will be open from January 6 – January 17, 2021. Please note that voting will only be open to TCA members! All TCA members will receive an email with instructions on how to access the voting “booth” on January 6th. If you don’t receive that email, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to connect you!
What will the Chosen Designer receive?
In addition to creative credit and a feature on the TCA website and social channels, the winning designer will receive:
- $100 compensation for their design.
- 2 free t-shirts featuring their design (one to keep and 1 to give away – or, you know, keep them both!)
- a free TCA membership (Already a member? This prize has flexibility to gift to others or apply to future years.)
The winning design will be announced on #TaikoTuesday, January 19, 2021.
Questions? Reach out to us at: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Please note that how the final design is incorporated onto the printed t-shirt may be subject to limitations imposed by the t-shirt vendor. This includes, but is not limited to: placement location on the shirt, color choices, and font selection. In the event that your design needs to undergo any modifications prior to printing, we will work with you to ensure that the final t-shirt mock-up is to your satisfaction.
Interested in voting on which design will be the first ever TCA tee? All TCA members will have received exclusive access via email to our virtual “voting booth.” If you did not receive this email, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a current TCA member, join or renew your membership by January 16 to gain access and cast your vote! Visit taikocommunityalliance.org/membership to become a member today.
About this Design:
A collaborative project created by the following participants:
- Mirabella Angel-Hernandez – model and photographer
- Ed Angel-Hernandez – model
- Dana Wisehart – model
- Michelle Mosser – for use of the Brand Nature Media Lounge
- Jon Whitsell – model and photographer
- Sharon Sato-Dow – model, art director, graphic artist
- Must include the TCA logo, either horizontal or vertical.
- Please keep the symbol and text in proportion.
- The symbol should be a minimum of 3/4″ x 3/4″ in size. The full logo size should be determined by the symbol size.
- Color of the logo can vary.
- Use at most 2 colors.
- Use one of the base shirt colors as outlined below (see T-Shirt Templates).
- Designs should only be on the front of the shirt. No backs or sleeves.
- Create a design that represents TCA and its connection to the taiko community.
The following are optional considerations:
- As much as possible, please try to choose design colors that are within TCA’s brand (see The TCA Brand).
- For inspiration: TCA’s mission is to empower the people and advance the art of taiko!
- For inspiration: TCA’s core values are: Respect, Heritage & Evolution, Empowerment, Inclusivity, Transparency
- At least 200 DPI
- Maximum print size: 14” x 17”
- PDF or JPG formats
The TCA Brand
The following logo files and brand colors may be used, as well as standard colors such as black and white.
You are welcome but not required to add your design into one of the following templates. Designs may be submitted without a t-shirt template, but please be sure to set design backgrounds to the desired shirt color.