TCA is putting out a call for taiko instructors to submit Workshop Proposals for the 2019 North American Taiko Conference.
With the success of the 2017 North American Taiko Conference in San Diego, we are looking forward to again presenting a broad range of artistic development workshops taught by a diverse community of instructors.
We continue our commitment to provide opportunities for instructors that have not previously presented at an NATC.
- All workshops will be held on campus at Portland State University on Saturday, August 10 or Sunday, August 11, 2019
- Workshops will be 2 hours in length
- Workshops will be geared towards 20-25 participants
- Mini Intensives, a series of workshops taught by an instructor with one group of participants, will again be offered
- Workshop instructors will be expected to teach 3-4 workshop sessions on one or more subjects
- Up to 5 Workshop Proposals may be submitted
We are looking for a wide range of workshops to cover: beta uchi, naname uchi, odaiko, fue, shamisen, shimedaiko, katsugi okedo, narimono (chappa, atarigane, etc.), movement/dance, voice/vocals, as well as regional styles (i.e. Chichibu Yatai Bayashi, Miyake Daiko, Hachijo Daiko, etc.)
To submit your proposal(s), follow the link below!
DEADLINE FOR ALL PROPOSALS IS 11:59 PM PST
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31st, 2018
A committee of taiko community members will review all workshop proposals. The NATC Committee and Conference Coordinator will select workshop proposals based on their recommendations, available equipment and space, and workshop instructor evaluations from prior NATC’s. All applicants will be notified of the decisions no later than December 1, 2018.
Please Note: Discussion Sessions will be handled separately at a later date
QUESTIONS concerning workshop proposals? Please, don’t hesitate to contact Mark H Rooney at: email@example.com